Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default No longer in my ears

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 6 Feb 2021 07:16:40 -0800, Bob F
wrote:

On 2/6/2021 3:54 AM, Paulo wrote:
On 2/5/21 11:38 PM, micky wrote:
I have a pair of Bose Hearphones, cheaper than hearing aids.

I only use it at meetings (which I don't go to because of Corona) and to
watch Law & Order on TV (because all the other shows are loud enough but
it's not.)

The device consists of a yoke with the on/off button, two leds, a
charging jack, and the battery, and two earbuds.

Each earbud has 3 microphones, they say**, and when being put in my ears
they sometimes squeal, which the manual says is normal.* Feedback, I
guess.

The question is, when both buds are no longer in my ears, the device
waits a while and turns off.

How does it know that the earbuds are no longer in my ears?

Vacuum switch?

Heat sensor, or capacitive sensor like your phone uses to turn off the
screen when you hold it to your ear?

I almost never use the app that goes with it but I used it yesterday and
saw it has indicators that show which ears have the buds in them.

It only takes 2 or 3 seconds for it to know when I take one out or put
it back in!!