Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hydraulic hand-pump, pressure-gauge and jack / cylinder - buy

"Richard Smith" wrote in message ...

Here's what I've got

http://www.weldsmith.co.uk/tech/tech...gaugecyl_1.jpg
http://www.weldsmith.co.uk/tech/tech...gaugecyl_2.jpg

----------------------

Nice work! I hope your clients appreciate your abilities, and compensate you
accordingly.

The samples in your tester are similar to my centrally spliced gantry hoist
track problem. I'm trying to determine where to best locate splice plate
bolts so their holes minimally weaken the four 4" x 5.4 channels that
comprise the track. Maybe along the web's neutral axis, if the web has
sufficient bearing strength or I weld on reinforcements?

Another possibility is welding loose-pin hinge leaves under the lower
flanges to take the tension.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knuckle_joint_(mechanical)