Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim R[_2_] Tim R[_2_] is offline

Default accidentally cut off 24 pin ATX power connector and want toreattach, question

On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 8:35:19 PM UTC-5, Allodoxaphobia wrote:
I am reminded of the idiot in the UASF that was told to replace a 36
conductor plug in a F-102's radar equipment bay. He cut the cable straight
across about 2" from the old connector. Then, after soldering new
"stub" wires into the new plug, he proceeded to splice it all back onto
the cut cable. He somehow succeded, but the plane's crew chief could not
close the cover over the equipment bay -- due to the now some-6" thick bable.

You could argue he was given insufficiently clear instructions on his task. Though a real tech should have figured it out.

In a factory where I worked there was an OSHA potential violation identified, the 6 mill roll stands did not have individual identification placards.

I wrote an order to the most recent hi use the engraver and make 6 placards labeled Mill Roll Stand #1 - #6.

I knew what I wanted but he didn't. Next time I checked all 6 mill roll stands had identical labels, Mill Roll Stand #1 - #6.

I will admit that I have also cut a cable too close to a connection and quickly regretted it.