Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default accidentally cut off 24 pin ATX power connector and want toreattach, question

On 2021/01/26 3:23 p.m., Jon I wrote:
I accidentally cut off the 24 pin ATX power supply connector because I
thought I was going to use the power supply for another purpose, but
that turned out not to be the case.Â* I want to reinstall back into the
desktop, but I have a question:Â* since all the red, yellow, orange, and
black wires were going to be combined (for greater current handling in
non-PC use), I am wondering if I could just combine the same color
cutoff wires from the connector with the ones coming from the power
supply?Â* Would sure save a lot of extra soldering.Â* For example, in case
I'm not clear, can I combine all the orange wires from the supply and
all the orange wires from the connector and solder together?Â* Thanks in
advance.

Yes.

I'd wire each wire separately but I'm anal. However you could blob all
the same colours together and then insulate carefully.

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com