Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jon I[_2_] Jon I[_2_] is offline

Default accidentally cut off 24 pin ATX power connector and want to reattach, question

I accidentally cut off the 24 pin ATX power supply connector because I
thought I was going to use the power supply for another purpose, but
that turned out not to be the case. I want to reinstall back into the
desktop, but I have a question: since all the red, yellow, orange, and
black wires were going to be combined (for greater current handling in
non-PC use), I am wondering if I could just combine the same color
cutoff wires from the connector with the ones coming from the power
supply? Would sure save a lot of extra soldering. For example, in case
I'm not clear, can I combine all the orange wires from the supply and
all the orange wires from the connector and solder together? Thanks in
advance.