Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bayite DC v-A-w meter (Jim Wilkins)

"bruce bowser" wrote in message
Oh, sorry. I just don't know where a laptop ends and a desktop begins...
which is smaller... which has more durable power circuitry, etc...

Our 1990's lab machines were all business-class former office computers,
large desktops or very portable laptops, not oddball home computers like the
tiny old iCue or the later large and heavy desktop replacement laptops with
HDTV screens. For me a useful laptop needs a decent battery life and an
auto-air (12V) power adapter, a keyboard you can type a report on and a
screen big enough to read a .pdf.

I did some development work on a 4" square PC/104 computer that would Velcro
to a monitor or a TV until management cancelled it.

The largest "portable" computer I was involved with filled 6 Army trailer
trucks. They tested its portability by setting up where only deer could find
it.