Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Reid Supply

Bob La Londe wrote:
On 1/21/2021 2:02 PM, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 13:19:40 -0700
Bob La Londe wrote:

snip
"Do you have any tool steel?"

"Would you like to buy some frozen chickens?"

Fawwwk!

Just like searching on youtube

I've been gathering an odd list to try ordering from Zoro:

http://www.ebaystores.com/Zoro-Tools/

Compared a couple items (exact matches) to Reid, which had them for over
2x higher...

You tried Zoro via Ebay yet?

Zoro is just Grainger rebranded. I have reason to dislike Grainger, but
if they were the only vendor on the planet who had what I needed I'd by
from them. Typically Zoro pricing is better than the list price from
MSC, but the business price is almost always cheaper at MSC.

I use zoro for lots of stuff since Enco went away and they're really good
to deal with. If you rack up $50 or whatever the minimum is, you get
reasonable speed free shipping. Sometimes you can even key in grainger
part numbers and pay like half the grainger price. Their web/phone
support is top notch as well. Their hand tool selection and prices are
excellent.

If I need a part tomorrow, I'll will call at grainger, but most stuff can
just wait.