Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob D[_2_] Bob D[_2_] is offline

Default comparing helical cutter heads

'On Friday, January 15, 2021 at 5:56:12 PM UTC-6, Leon wrote:
On 1/13/2021 3:18 PM, Bob D wrote:
Shelix heads are on severe back order. Does anyone have experience or comments regarding Shelix vx. Lux Cut III heads? I am shopping to upgrade the head on my Powermatic 54a jointer.

Bob

Have you tried here?

https://mywoodcutters.com/

Mywoodcutters is just a reseller for Byrd. They do not stock anything. I placed an order with them in late October. I cancelled the order this week. I finally ordered the Lux cut III head, after going over reviews on Youtube. They claim to have large stocks - we will see what happens there.