Old January 14th 21, 02:15 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Reviewing a cheap CRT degaussing wand

Ralph Mowery wrote:

You did jog my memory. I remember monitors that had the degauss switch
on them. They probably put that on them as many of the computers did
have speakers with magnets close to the screen.

** Never seen a PC speaker that did NOT use shielded magnets on the drivers.

FYI Consists of a second ferrite ring magnet to cancel external fields - plus a steel cover..

...... Phil