Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default So that is what electricians did in the 1963 big freeze

In article ,
polygonum_on_google writes
On Tuesday, 12 January 2021 at 19:45:57 UTC, ARW wrote:
https://youtu.be/658eoX3ERAs?t=1500

I remember that winter all too well. But it was the first winter I had
in the UK (other than when too young to remember) so had no idea it was
exceptional.

I was on the west coast of Scotland and, despite knowing how bad it was
just a tiny bit inland, we had very little snow. At Christmas, we went
to Sunderland and Newcastle-upon-Tyne, and by golly it was cold with
severe snow and ice.

I was in Newcastle at the time and even though from the north east I
would say it wasn't just cold it was ****ing cold.
--
bert