Old January 13th 21, 01:57 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter W. Peter W. is offline

Default Reviewing a cheap CRT degaussing wand

https://www.zoro.com/gc-electronics-...17/i/G2187702/

https://www.travers.com/portable-mag... Aqo7EALw_wcB

https://www.ebay.com/i/123990657206?...evt=1&mkcid=28

Guys and gals - these things are available OTC here in the US. Why not in the UK? Oh, but they a

https://www.bartington.com/degaussing-wand/

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-CRT-M...AOxyKsZRwen D

For a one-off use, I would likely stick to the soldering gun - does the trick, even if used "off-label". I bring my 100/300 watt Craftsman gun to Kutztown for the occasional chassis connection, and it is as often as not borrowed by the TV guys for cleaning up the old TV pictures, but seldom for soldering.

But if I had to do this every day, or even every week, I would likely invest in a purpose-built device from a reliable maker and reliable source. As I am fond of writing: The Internet is your friend!

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA