Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Exposure Notifications inactive

On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 5:51:47 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 11 Jan 2021 20:48:00 +0100, "Carlos E.R."
wrote:

On 11/01/2021 17.24, Rod Speed wrote:
"Carlos E.R." wrote in message
On 11/01/2021 07.15, micky wrote:
To save battery, I turned off my bluetooth, and I got a notification on
the cellular startup screen with a red sun and the message "Exposure
Notifications inactive. To use this feature, turn on bluetooth."

I had to google to be reminded of what it meant. It refers to exposure
to covid and since a) I have the app that keeps track of whether I'm
near an infected person, and b) I turned off bluetooth, it complains.

I only go out once or twice a week, soI will leave it off and hope the
reminder re-appears when I'm leaving the house.

No, it will not. How can it know you are leaving home?

Any decent smartphone knows that with the gps.

Which doesn't work inside my house. Google maps history always ask me to
confirm that I'm home, it never knows.

I didn't know google maps kept a history on me, not that I mind. It
will help my mother find out where I am.

It never asks when to confirm I'm home, but the GPS does work inside my
house, I think .

I want to be able to say "Alexa, I'm leaving", and it will turn my cell
phone on,

Why do you have your cell phone off at home? Most people have it on
wherever they are, except maybe at night or if they have a low battery
and need to conserve power.