Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Exposure Notifications inactive

On Monday, January 11, 2021 at 8:48:12 AM UTC-5, Carlos E.R. wrote:
On 11/01/2021 07.15, micky wrote:
To save battery, I turned off my bluetooth, and I got a notification on
the cellular startup screen with a red sun and the message "Exposure
Notifications inactive. To use this feature, turn on bluetooth."

I had to google to be reminded of what it meant. It refers to exposure
to covid and since a) I have the app that keeps track of whether I'm
near an infected person, and b) I turned off bluetooth, it complains.

I only go out once or twice a week, soI will leave it off and hope the
reminder re-appears when I'm leaving the house.

No, it will not. How can it know you are leaving home?

With GPS. Or seeing wifi hotspots change. But I agree, I don't think it's likely
that it will give an alert that BT is off just because you leave home.