Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android
Carlos E.R.[_2_] Carlos E.R.[_2_] is offline

Default Exposure Notifications inactive

On 11/01/2021 07.15, micky wrote:
To save battery, I turned off my bluetooth, and I got a notification on
the cellular startup screen with a red sun and the message "Exposure
Notifications inactive. To use this feature, turn on bluetooth."

I had to google to be reminded of what it meant. It refers to exposure
to covid and since a) I have the app that keeps track of whether I'm
near an infected person, and b) I turned off bluetooth, it complains.

I only go out once or twice a week, soI will leave it off and hope the
reminder re-appears when I'm leaving the house.

No, it will not. How can it know you are leaving home?

I have BT on full time, and I stay most of the time at home. No impact
on battery, I get to bedtime with 2/3 of battery left.

I need BT when I get to the car, and I prefer not forgetting to switch
it on.

----

Also I bought some Basic AAA batteries from Amazon and the mailing label
had in bold fairly large text €śNot restricted as per special provision€ť.
Other things were in the bag too and I'd bought 9V batteries just a few
months ago and there was no such message, so I had to look that up, but
it's definitely because of the batteries. Every 12 batteries came in
its own shrink wrap.

And what does it mean?

--
Cheers, Carlos.