Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android
micky micky is offline

Default Exposure Notifications inactive

To save battery, I turned off my bluetooth, and I got a notification on
the cellular startup screen with a red sun and the message "Exposure
Notifications inactive. To use this feature, turn on bluetooth."

I had to google to be reminded of what it meant. It refers to exposure
to covid and since a) I have the app that keeps track of whether I'm
near an infected person, and b) I turned off bluetooth, it complains.

I only go out once or twice a week, soI will leave it off and hope the
reminder re-appears when I'm leaving the house.

----

Also I bought some Basic AAA batteries from Amazon and the mailing label
had in bold fairly large text “Not restricted as per special provision”.
Other things were in the bag too and I'd bought 9V batteries just a few
months ago and there was no such message, so I had to look that up, but
it's definitely because of the batteries. Every 12 batteries came in
its own shrink wrap.