Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rob[_40_] Rob[_40_] is offline

Default eprom burning question

Dave Platt wrote:
In article ,
Mike Hooker wrote:
im using a GQ-4x burner, its a willem type. im trying to burn 3 images to a single prom. the
1st at 0000, the second at offset 1000, the 3rd at 1800. i try the combine feature, but it
tells me to close the application, re-open without choosing a device. that doesnt work,. its
a 2764. i tried burning the 1st file, then the 2nd, then the third. i see all the code there,
but not sure if thats the right way. i would rather combine into one file, and then burn.

If you have access to a Linux system you can do the combining with
"dd" (one of many choices but it's straightforward).

First we need to know what file types Mike is using.
The proposed solution is OK for binary images, but actually in EPROM
burning it is more common to have HEX files, which have lines containing
an address, a number of bytes, and usually a checksum, all in ASCII HEX.

To combine those files, you would just need to cat them together.