Posted to sci.electronics.repair
RosemontCrest[_4_] RosemontCrest[_4_] is offline

Default can bad cap = hot motor?

On 12/31/2020 11:15 AM, Sjouke Burry wrote:
On 31.12.20 15:48, bruce bowser wrote:
On Sunday, August 23, 2020 at 8:11:26 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 23 Aug 2020 07:20:43 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

But the key point the op appears to have not noticed is that his
crude paper cap has already lasted over 70 years. That is more than
good enough.

We do not know that at all. What we do know is that *FINALLY* Eric
has gotten around to dealing with it.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

I was going to go back in time to replace that cap but my time machine
was serviced byb me after a few gins so instead I waited until I
bought the grinder in real time, used it for a couple years, posted a
question about it here and now I have a new cap coming.

Good stuff with orange juice and 2 or 3 banana liquors. I wonder what
an 80 year-old gin bottle would fetch today.

How do you teach a gin bottle to fetch?????

You can't teach an old gin bottle new tricks.