Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Luxman L-11 integrated amp

Tim Schwartz wrote:

I'd agree, but the diodes are buring up hot, and I'm using 1 watt in
place of the half watters. Several of the resistors have been replaced
before, and I'm wondering if there is an error in the schematic as to
the part value. I've replaced the pass transistor and dual diode as well.

** Try changing that 15 ohm in series with the PNP transistor to 27 or 33 ohms.
The circuit is a *current source* of about 45mA.
The load current is only about 12 mA leaving a lot for the two 27V zeners to cop.

...... Phil