Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hydraulic hand-pump, pressure-gauge and jack / cylinder - buy

"Richard Smith" wrote in message ...

I've done calculations, and in view of experience I have, this is the
"bottom line" - the biggest cylinder needed
50Tonne cylinder with 50mm stroke.

https://tinyurl.com/ydeq8w9z

The featured item could convert your frame into a tension tester, and the 50
ton, 2" (50mm) cylinder is shown below. I needed more than a 50mm throw to
fold weld test coupons double.

I bought several spare pairs of the quick disconnect couplers from a local
supplier. They can for example allow temporarily adding a fragile pressure
gauge on a tee to the hose. One coupler salvaged a hydraulic lift table I
bought cheap because its motorized pump had failed.