Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard Smith[_4_] Richard Smith[_4_] is offline

Default Hydraulic hand-pump, pressure-gauge and jack / cylinder - buy

Hello again all

I need to get advice.
I need a portable hydraulic pump & cylinder combination
- hand pump
- oil pressure gauge
- hydraulic cylinder(s)

because

* blowing someone else's hydraulic seals makes you "persona less
grata"

* the fillet weld tests break abruptly, which is cruel to repeatedly
do to someone's "shop" press

so, as I can see a lot more tests to do - plus other applications for
a hydraulic jack - I need to get my own kit.

The oil pressure gauge is to give a "Force=pressure*area" estimate of
Force being applied in the tests.
Plus other uses. eg. you could be tensioning bolts.

I've done calculations, and in view of experience I have, this is the
"bottom line" - the biggest cylinder needed
50Tonne cylinder with 50mm stroke.

Any good advice?

Rich Smith