Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Titebond III must be a very different animal.

On 12/21/2020 10:52 AM, dpb wrote:
On 12/21/2020 9:40 AM, Leon wrote:

A tad more mumbo jumbo from Franklins web site..

Features & Benefits
Passes ANSI/HPVA Type I water-resistance
Waterproof formula that cleans up with water

Yes.Â* To add even more confusion part is that the Type I ANSI test is
more stringent than Type II test -- and the TB II and TB III didn't have
anything to do with the ANSI test type but were just product sequence
numbers, but it just so happens TBII passes ANSI II--

"TITEBOND II PREMIUM WOOD GLUE
Â*Â*Â*Â*Titebond II Premium Wood Glue is the only leading brand, one-part
wood glue that passes the ANSI Type II water-resistance specification."

"TITEBOND III ULTIMATE WOOD GLUE
Â*Â*Â*Â*Titebond III Ultimate Wood Glue is the first one-part, water
cleanup wood glue ever offered that is proven waterproof. The waterproof
formula passes the ANSI/HPVA Type I water-resistance specification..."

I see they now also call TBII "Premium" and TBIII "Ultimate".

--

LOL. They are all good glues but if you really need actual water
proof....well who knows.

You cannot take for granted, what the front "feature selling" label
indicates, is what you think you are getting.