Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bruce bowser bruce bowser is offline

Default making wires on circuit board immobile but able to be removed later?

On Thursday, December 10, 2020 at 1:59:02 AM UTC-5, GS wrote:
RD wrote:
In article ,
says...

I am in the process of modifying a circuit by adding a small external
circuit board and then wiring into the main board. I don't want the
wires to move around when I'm done, but yet if I ever need to make
repairs, I want to be able to remove them. I see some people using hot

[snip]

Silicone. Lots of different brands & formulations
(RTV, Goop, etc.)

Dab a small bit on an unused corner of the board
and let it dry, to see if it can be peeled off
cleanly.

HTH

Goop is very strong stuff, hard to remove.

I'm now wondering if liquid nails is a neutral cure or not. I guess I've used it with pot metal or the metal of the side of a panel (not significant).