Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bob prohaska bob prohaska is offline

Default Booting a Mac mini A1283.

Peter Easthope wrote:

OK. With the tab at the bottom of the well shorted to the perimeter
shield it still won't boot. Resetting the NVRAM doesn't help. I'll try
re-seating the CPU. At present I have no further ideas.

Wouldn't hurt to re-seat the RAM module. My A1103 quit booting
with what looked like a disk failure. After much unsucessful
experimentation I noticed the DIMM was ever-so-slightly crooked.

Re-seated the RAM module and the machine booted flawlessly, and
still does. I'll admit I don't remember if the case was on or off,
but very likely off.

I know, correlation isn't causation, but if you're in there already....

hth,

bob prohaska