Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chuck[_40_] Chuck[_40_] is offline

Default making wires on circuit board immobile but able to be removedlater?

On 12/1/20 2:11 PM, Peter W. wrote:
What would be wrong when using conventional glue sticks?

Conventional glue-sticks have a much lower plastic temperature than the others - Anything lower than about 120 F should be fine. But understand that the melting point is about 175 F. Archival glue-sticks melt from 250 F to 380 F depending on the application. Electronics glue-sticks are designed for hot-temperature application or 350 F to 380 F. In a solid-state device with low voltages and (always) low ambient and operating temperatures, conventional glue-sticks should be fine unless labeled otherwise. Low-voltage unless the sticks carry a UL-94 listing.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Ok, thanks because I wasn't sure. That part of the circuit won't be
under heating so I'm going to go ahead and use the sticks I have.