Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arie de Muynck[_3_] Arie de Muynck[_3_] is offline

Default making wires on circuit board immobile but able to be removedlater?

On 2020-12-01 00:34, Chuck wrote:
I am in the process of modifying a circuit by adding a small external
circuit board and then wiring into the main board.Â* I don't want the
wires to move around when I'm done, but yet if I ever need to make
repairs, I want to be able to remove them.Â* I see some people using hot
glue for such matters, but I don't think I'd be able to desolder the
wires later without using a lot of force to remove the hot glue first.
What could I use?

Hot glue will soften when heated with a (controlled) heat gun, before
the electronics get damaged. Wires can easily be removed then.
Just experiment a bit on some old PCB.

Arie