Space Cowboy

Default Change ceiling outlet pull switch to wall switch?

You made me RTFM. As it turns out I am precisely right using New 37th
Edition Wiring Simplified by Richter and Schwan based on 1993 NEC.
Page 92 "At the outlet connect the black wire from SOURCE to the white
wire of the cable that runs to switch; this is contrary to the general
rule, but permitted by the Code's exception. This is the only case
where a white wire may be connected to a black". My other black/white
connections are also correct. However the book isn't clear if the
switch loop requires a ground connection. If so then what to what?
If not then I simply use the existing circuit ground for the fixture.

Jim

Bill Seurer Bill_AT_seurer.net wrote in message ...
Space Cowboy wrote:
At the outlet it looks like to me I wirenut the circuit
black to the switch white ...

This is wrong. Please get help with this so you don't electrocute
someone. For instance, there are many fine books that explain how to
wire a switch to a light.