Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Where is Grizzly Band Saw Made?

On Fri, 27 Nov 2020 10:48:03 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Friday, November 27, 2020 at 1:24:26 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 27 Nov 2020 09:47:18 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

snip

Kitchenaid, like Bosch, isn't exactly a "contractor grade" appliance.
But they are ISO9000!

Tru dat. Not only did I pay more than I really wanted to, I had to wait
over 2 months to get it. Very popular model + Covid related slowdowns.

To add insult to injury, when the appliance store finally called and told
me that my DW was in, I went to pick it up and found that the sound
insulation was ripped on one side. I asked for a different one but I was
told that all the other ones that came in with this shipment had already
been picked up or were out for delivery. I called BS, but they wouldn't
budge. "The damage is just to the insulation. You can take this one or
wait until late next week for the next shipment."

Wu Flu delays are a real thing. We replaced our washer and dryer
recently ($600 for the motherboard on a 9YO washer). There were only
a couple of brands available and only a couple of models in each. No
discounts and long waits (months) for anything else. Take it or not.
SWMBO didn't like the idea of a laundromat in 'rona season.

Knowing that nothing just rips on it's own, I peeled back the insulation
in front of the guy and saw a slight dent in the DW wall itself. I told him that
I'd wait for the next shipment. I also told him that if there were any further
issues, I'd be cancelling my order.

They called 2 days later and told me that they had one available. Imagine
that.