Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Where is Grizzly Band Saw Made?

On 11/27/2020 7:52 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
On Fri, 27 Nov 2020 06:37:06 -0500, Bill wrote:

J. Clarke wrote:
On Fri, 27 Nov 2020 00:04:53 -0500, Bill wrote:

Leon wrote:

Take Ford for example....Â* I bought a 2019 F150 last year and it is a
really nice vehicle but it has had a number of issues.Â* Stupid issues
that the dealer nor factory rep could figure out.

Oil burner to the tune of about 2 quarts between oil changes until the
odometer hit about 14K.Â* And probably as a result, valve clatter when
accelerating.Â* That started at about 7500 miles.

I have been looking at this vehicle, with a v8. Which engine do you
have? I'm guessing you have one of the ones designed to be more fuel
efficient. I'm a "little suspicious" of them, either because I'm not
comfortable with change or I because don't know any better, or
both..lol. What say you?

Note that there is a service bulletin:
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10169811-0001.pdf

Gee, thanks for the heads-up! Is that sort of "maintenance" covered
under warranty? I printed it out, and I'll pay attention to the day
of manufacture mentioned: 10/4/2019. It doesn't sound like a "fatal"
problem, but it's nice to be aware of the issue.

That kind of thing is an annoyance. I have a Jeep that used to suck
up oil like crazy. Turns out that in that case they had fastened a
plate in the intake system with bolts the wrong length so it didn't
seal. Took a couple of days to get all the stuff off the top of the
engine, replace the bolts and gasket, and put it all back together.
And of course since it's sucking oil like crazy it's easy for it to
get low, which isn't good for anything.

More than an annoyance in some instances. 2 quarts of oil low between
oil changes could cause engine damage if you don't stay on top of the
oil level. And with the carbon build up as a result, the engine
clattered bad enough that there was considerable hesitation when
accelerating during the engine clatter episodes.