Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Where is Grizzly Band Saw Made?

On Thursday, November 26, 2020 at 2:51:39 PM UTC-5, J. Clarke wrote:
On Thu, 26 Nov 2020 13:05:52 -0600, dpb wrote:

On 11/26/2020 12:45 PM, marvin wrote:
I just got my 17 Grizzly saw this month and it says Taiwan. It does
not seem to make much difference as this came out of an ISO9001 plant,
and that speaks very highly for quality control. The saw was perfect in
all respects. I could not be happier.

Don't confuse quality control with quality -- one can produce an
inferior product with a very tightly controlled process just as well as
a good one. All ISO 9001 guarantees is the control of the process, not
the product design.

Yep. Quality control means that you can accurately maintain a
standard, not that the standard is particularly high. In fact if the
standard is fairly low then it's easier to maintain.

Example of quality control--I once had all four headlights on a Toyota
I had bought new burn out within four hours of each other after 4
years of ownership. In that case I could have dealt with a little bit
less quality control because it took place between 1 and 5 am in the
middle of nowhere and I ended up stuck sitting by the side of the road
with no lights until the sun came up.

McDonalds has phenomenal quality control. A burger you get from
McDonalds in East Overshoe will be identical to one you get in
Hollywood. That's quality control. You won't get that consistency
from a five-star gourmet restaurant, but their worst will still be a
lot better than McDonalds' best.

You obviously don't eat at McDonald's enough.

Maybe if they served the burgers while they were still frozen they
would be identical, but once they cook/season/wrap them, there
are differences in all three categories - not just across town and
not just at different times, but often in the same bag.