Posted to rec.woodworking
Jay Pique Jay Pique is offline

Default How to remove tile glue?

On Thursday, November 12, 2020 at 1:27:53 PM UTC-5, Sonny wrote:
On Thursday, November 12, 2020 at 11:18:00 AM UTC-6, Leon wrote:

There is probably no easy solution. I would think that most any product
to dissolve the old adhesive will leave a lingering odor.
Maybe acetone, it evaporates pretty quickly. But use in a WELL
ventilated area!!!

Then,

I would try sanding with a very coarse grit sand paper to help prevent

Alternatively, a new engineered floor on top.

Yeah, even with my lack of knowledge, I suspected there is no easy remedy.

Thanks.
Sonny

Try googling mastic remover they do have some that claim to be low odor/odor free.