Gordon Parks

Default Riding mower doing weird things...

I had this same problem last year. the problem turned out to be the fuel
lines deteriorating and sending bits of rubber into the carb float valve.
You have to take the float bowl off to clean the rubber out and check that
the float isn't stuck, full of gas, or otherwise broken. Check the fuel
lines and filter while you are cleaning out the carb. I replaced my fuel
lines and filter for less than $10.00

"Xlar54" wrote in message
om...
Riding along, things were fine...then stop. Started again, and died.
Noticed much white smoke. After looking closer, gas was coming out of
the air filter like crazy. Disconnected the gas filter from the carb,
letting the gas drain out. Took out the air filter, cleaned up, went
ahead and changed the oil, checked the plug. Nothing seems wrong.

Then I put the gas filter back on, and saw the air filter chamber
start to fill up with gas again. Help! What causes gas to come out of
the air filter chamber? I just got this thing fixed - am I doomed to
bad luck this year?