Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Plasma Cutter

On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 06:42:43 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Snag" wrote in message ...

On 10/28/2020 5:35 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
My 1/2 HP air compressor couldn't keep up with a 30A plasma cutter.

__________________________________

I think my 60 gal/6hp unit might be able to keep up with the duty
cycle on this one . ...
Snag

=======================

Yep, it should be enough. I don't even turn on my newer 60 gal one for small
jobs like sandblasting rust spots, the air in the tank is plenty.

Double up on the air tanks if your little compressor can't keep up.
That said, plasma cutting is pretty quick, and you may not need it
unless you're cutting 100' of 3/4 plate.

I'm late here, but heard that the Lotos brand was a step above most
imports. 50A $409 vs $259 for others on Amazon.

--
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret Lee Runbeck