Posted to rec.woodworking
knuttle knuttle is offline

Default Edge nailing plywood, anti-friction

On 11/5/2020 9:10 PM, J. Clarke wrote:
I agree, but don't have a table saw (yet) or a router (yet). Santa is
coming though, so... That is why I decided to do things this way.

What kind of tools do you have?

You do not need a table saw or a router to cut a dado.

You can do a good job with a circular saw (Skill saw type) and a good
chisel.

Cut two Cuts of the proper depth so the outside edges are just a hair
lager than a 1/4 assume you are using 1/4 plywood.

Carefully remove the center material with a hammer and clean it up with
the chisel.

T have a table saw with dado and a router, I find it can be done as
quick with the above method as with either tool