Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SNAG SNAG is offline

Default Plasma Cutter

On 10/28/2020 5:35 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Snag"Â* wrote in message ...
Â* I'm shopping for one now ... and I'm wondering if the plot arc
feature is worth the extra cost . I'm looking at the bottom of the price
range , around 200-250 bucks - I'm not going to be using this thing all
day every day . I'm basically looking at one for irregular cuts and more
efficient cutting on things too big for my bandsaws . I don't do much OA
cutting since I'm operating on small bottles - a "B" tank for Acetylene
and a 20 CF oxygen tank . And since the wife has no objection ... she's
always been pretty flexible with me on buying tools , she knows I save
much more on repair costs than the cost of those tools .

__________________________________

My 1/2 HP air compressor couldn't keep up with a 30A plasma cutter.

I think my 60 gal/6hp unit might be able to keep up with the duty
cycle on this one . It wants around 4 1/2 CFM @ 75 PSI . I'm still
studying these things , but if I understand it correctly you need less
air pressure at lower amp settings ... I got plenty of stuff to practice
on . I'll need to buy more consumables , right after the first of the
month when my monthly transfer to the shop account happens .
--
Snag
Illegitimi non