East Coast

Default Double-pole single toggle switch vs. 3-way switch?

I have looked in a couple of wiring books and I don't see double-pole
single toggle switches addressed. What is the difference between a
Double-pole single toggle switch and a 3-way switch? I see in the
Leviton catalog these are two different items.

If you have a single light, like in a hallway, and want to be able to
switch it on and off from two different locations, you use a 3-way
switch I've been told. How is a double-pole single toggle switch used?
Thanks!