Space Cowboy

Default Change ceiling outlet pull switch to wall switch?

Hi All,

I hope this is the right group for this question. I have a ceiling
outlet with a pull switch. I want to replace this switch with one
mounted on a wall. The outlet does not continue so it terminates with
white(neutral)/black(hot) circuit pair plus a ground wire. All I can
do conventiently is mount the switch box and run a pair of
white/black/+ground wires back to the ceiling outlet. Now comes the
NEC question. At the outlet it looks like to me I wirenut the circuit
black to the switch white which would leave me with a switch black and
circuit white for the outlet fixture? At the switch itself I wire the
white to the off pole and the black to the on pole? The light fixture
requires a ground connection. I wire the circuit ground and the
outlet switch ground to the fixture and the ground in the switch box
to the switch?

Thanks,
Jim