Posted to rec.woodworking

Default One Hobby Supports Another, Plus

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 15:48:39 -0700 (PDT), Sonny
wrote:

On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 1:52:49 PM UTC-5, J. Clarke wrote:

Or they find another option. For that amount of money I'd have been
tempted to go with a lathe.

Another option: I had asked a machinist if he could make the threads. He thought he could, for $50 a nut. I need 2 nuts.

I have a basic 1950s Craftsman lathe, but it isn't for thread making. Don't know if it can be modified for threading. I don't want another big tool as that, besides, I'm not that confident a turner at all.

I've seen wood lathe tools, from Sorby, intended for cutting threads.
They would only do the bolt (male) side, I think.