Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave in SoTex Dave in SoTex is offline

Default lox vs. star head screw

On 10/17/2020 6:21 PM, Leon wrote:
On 10/17/2020 2:56 AM, v wrote:
which is better?Â* which is less stripping?Â* which gets more torq.?

With a good bit probably neither.

BUT which do you see more often in stores?Â* I have personally never seen
a LOX.

Plain square drive was superior to Phillips years ago but the quality of
a lot of square drive have gone down hill.
I have a stock of thousands of square drive.Â* If I were to change styles
it would be the Torx.Â* It has been around for a very long time and is
easily found in stores.

When "we" discovered GRX screws in the mid-90s, Circle Saw in
Houston was the only place that we knew of who stocked them. Fell in
love with them, often used them in places where we couldn't get a
framing nailer. I couldn't count how many I've used in the last 14 or
15 years but I doubt I've ever busted the head off one but a couple of
times.
Like Leon says, nowadays you can find them everywhere, and in a
variety of sizes and lengths.

Dave in So Tex