Mark & Shauna

Default Why solder will not melt?

Matthew S. Whiting wrote:
Mark & Shauna wrote:

Yes, lead free (95/5) on ALL joints in the potable water system.
This means everything, toilets, washing machines, etc.. Like I said,
you can still use 50/50 on forced hot water systems and such that are
protected from the potable water system by a backflow preventer.

We don't drink out of the toilets in my house. :-)

Matt

Yep, I am with ya on that one. But the bureaucrats say what they say. I
suppose if you wanted to put a Watts9D on your toilet, DW, WM, etc. you
could fight them to allow you to solder another few joints with 50/50.
Come to think of it, I wonder how long it will be before they will make
us implement some sort of extra safety measures on these appliances even
though they already have one. After all, you have to install vac.
breakers on your silcocks in the event that you fill your child's kiddie
pool, he/she pee's in the pool, you leave the hose in the pool, there is
a 50 alarm fire on your street at the _exact time_ you happen to be
adding water to the pee tainted pool, the fire department drains all the
water out of the mains (and more) siphoning contents of said pool back
into your house, and you subsequently make a pot of pee flavored iced
tea next time you run the tap.
The same thing could happen with a DW/WM.

Oh well,...

Mark