Posted to sci.electronics.repair
legg legg is offline

Default LG-C441 losing signal after battery connected for xx minutes.

On Sun, 13 Sep 2020 14:02:31 -0400, legg wrote:

I've got a cheap cell phone (LG-C441 ca 2016) which
started failing last week - symptom 'no signal'.
There appears to be excess battery drain under those
conditions, though this may just be the battery
monitoring portion going haywire. The battery itself
checks out OK.

If the battery is removed for 30 minutes, it will
work again - just powering 'off' does no good.

I've transferred the sim card to another phone
which maintains the service on the original phone
number.

Is there some portion of the dying device that
can be identified as defective and possibly be
repaired, or is this thing toast?

I note that signal strength is reported low on
the duff phone, before signal lost.

Is the antenna replaceable?

RL