Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4 DHJ ... Jim GM4 DHJ ... is offline

Default OT Halfords rant

On 16/09/2020 11:20, T i m wrote:
On 16 Sep 2020 09:06:37 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 07:50:57 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

because I don't like their policies ......and if another check out
person asks me if I have a stupid netctar card again I will
scream......why is it only Sainsbury that does that ? ....

I tell them I got rid of mine when they got in bed with the Daily Mail.

They don't pursue it.

I think because any negative response other than you presenting your
Nectar card (if you have one, reminding you to get your points) would
be treated as 'ok nutter, ICGAF'? ;-(

Big difference between that and them *offering* you a Nectar (or any
other 'Loyalty') card when even then a simple 'No thanks' is
sufficient. Going on about big brother or anything else is only going
to get them sighing inside (even if they are nodding and smiling
outside), won't stop them asking the exact same question(s) to the
next person they serve because 'most people' will / do understand
their position / plight (it is ****e having to deal with some of the
general public) and respect them as human beings, just trying to pay
their rent.

And the thing is, you never know how much you might need their
assistance.

I always say 'Hi', 'Ok' or 'afternoon' etc, smile, respond positively
to any chat (whilst paying / taking receipts / tokens etc), say 'thank
you etc ... and when the car wash locks up halfway though it's cycle,
it could be the same person who may have to come out and fix it for
you, and *that's* when the friendliness you showed them may pay off (I
don't do it for that, I would do it anyway).

You reap what you sow etc.

I can't imaging them bothering to **** on Jim if he and his gas
guzzler were on fire. ;-(

Cheers, T i m