Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default hooks into concrete wall

On Fri, 21 Aug 2020 01:51:22 -0700 (PDT), lissa xue
wrote:

? 2020?7?30???? UTC+8 ??6:56:00?leza wang ???
Hello there
Sorry this is different post from the previous one (the solution was to use tension rod).
Now this is different, I have concrete wall and I want to place some hooks in the wall.
I have been watching many youtube videos. I do not have impact drill but normal drill.
What is the best way to do mount hooks on the wall?
I also watched a video that they use adhesive to mount a hook and it seems strong.
I need mount some not to heavy stuff but heavy enough (like 1-5 lb).
Please tell me if you have an experience with that.
This video for the adhesive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4o68M2Svak
and this video, he use special nails
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgkYiXppDug
Thanks a lot indeed.

A few small holes into concrete might be possible with a good
masonry bit or two or three and a regular drill -
- a hammer-drill is much better.
I would never trust adhesive.
I would not install any wood backing in a wet area.

https://handymansworld.net/drill-and...-hammer-drill/

John T.