Posted to rec.woodworking
Dr. Deb[_5_] Dr. Deb[_5_] is offline

Default What happened toThompsons Water seal?

On Wednesday, September 20, 2006 at 4:47:12 PM UTC-5, Shopdog wrote:
I bought a new 5 gal. pail of Thompsons the other day to finish my
deck, I opened it up and its milky! What gives my other (older) single gal
is clear fluid. The look of the pail is the same but the product seems to
have changed.
Any ideas on this. I don't like the milky product, I tested it on a concrete
section of my patio and it is now blotchy. Yet a section of the patio done
with the older pail looks fine.

Searcher

When we were in the London area in the mid 60's, the wife had a nice light blue suit. IF she wore to London, when she got home, she would turn down the cuffs on her jacket and you could tell the difference. One trip in and then clean the suit. The Brits were still burning coal when we left in 67, but were converting to electricity. But a lot of the power plants burned coal, though they were bringing nuclear online.