Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default Stick welding revelation

On 03/08/2020 11:39:30, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 20:15:34 +1000, F Murtz
wrote:

On 29/7/20 11:29 am, williamwright wrote:
On 29/07/2020 02:06, John Rumm wrote:

So moral of the story, I wish I had gone for something like it years
ago, and I now have a new found respect for IGBT inverter arc welders
- they make the whole process quite civilised!

Tell me exactly what to buy. Seriously. The welder I bought for £50 in
1976 is beginning to get on my nerves a bit.

Bill

I got one of these and it is the most amazing thing since sliced bread,

https://tinyurl.com/yxe2at3m
it is tiny, weighs almost nothing and welds up to 3.2 electrodes with
ease I was in the electrical game and back in the day of transformers
none of us would have believed it possible what this little inverter
does,dc is easier to weld with.
I also have a bigger MIG with optional stick leads.Could carry it
anywhere, up a pole hanging off your belt if you wished.

What sort of duty cycle OOI?

Cheers, T i m

The link contains a spec which says 60%.