Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Splashdown

On Sun, 2 Aug 2020 19:06:17 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

On 02/08/2020 18:48, ARW wrote:
https://www.nasa.gov/content/live-sp...mission-2-crew

They're a bit late. Should've been back at 19:15 BST !

Now expected 19:48

I thought the splashdown was on time with a delay in getting the
astronauts out due to a build-up of nitrogen tetroxide. I must admit
this if the first time I had heard of this substance.

I thought the astronauts would be wearing full breathing equipment in
space-suits and therefore exposure to nitrogen tetroxide for a very
short period would cause no difficulty.

Is it environmentally harmful or once the amounts involved are
absorbed into the air or sea insignificant compared to the nitrogen
dioxide and nitrogen trioxide emitted globally?