Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Unfortunately your phone is not compatible ...

On 8/2/20 10:22 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 8:48:26 PM UTC-4, wrote:
"Unfortunately your phone is not compatible
Not all phones are made to work with Xfinity Mobile, but you can still join Xfinity
Mobile by trading in your current phone and buying a new one."

Has anyone ever seen the above msg ? We are trying to switch phone carriers and the agent with Xfinity kept getting the above popup msg. We were told a number of reasons why this could happen: "Phone is the wrong technology", "Phone has wrong antenna", Not compatible IMEI number.
These are "Galaxy 10+" phones, 3 months old !

Don't know much about phones.
Any help is appreciated.

Googling you can find what technology and which bands Xfinity uses.
You also can find what your phone supports. Since it's a new, high end
Android phone, my strong suspicion is that it will work and Xfinity
doesn't know what they are talking about as evidenced by the stupid
excuses they gave you. Could be as simple as since it's new the dummies
don't have it entered into their list of supported phones.

Meanwhile if there is good Tmobile coverage in your area, check out
Mint Mobile. They are a MVNO running on Tmobile. You can get unlimited
voice/text and 3GB of high speed data for $15 a month, up to 12GB of
hs data for $25 a month. After that it slows to 2G speed, so if you
use more data than that, skip it. If you or anyone you know wants to
sign up with Mint, let me know, I can give you a referral code for a
$15 credit.

I thought about it briefly. Coverage is pretty spotty west of
the Missouri River. Nebraska is a big dead spot.
https://www.mintmobile.com/coverage/