Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default External handrail fixing

On Sun, 2 Aug 2020 13:09:13 +0100, newshound wrote:

I do not want to drill into the tile as if it cracks I have no
replacement.

Take it steady with a proper tile drill (no hammer action!) and it
shouldn't be a problem. ks.

Those look a bit like quarry tiles, in which case they may be a bugger
to drill using an ordinary carbide bit.

Probably are but still drillable provided you take it easy and use
water as a lubricant/coolant if required.

We could do with a wider view of the layout, there might be other ways
to create a suitable handrail supported away from those steps

Agreed we only see two of the three steps mentioned.

--
Cheers
Dave.