Posted to uk.d-i-y
Another John Another John is offline

Default Engine Oil top ups (thing of the past maybe?)

In article ,
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

I was merely trying to explain why is is a good idea to use the correct
oil for your engine - regardless of age. But if you by a banger and throw
it away every year, it doesn't much matter.

Thanks Dave - fair point. We have no intention of throwing away our
bottom of the range, 10yrs old, 4000m per year Panda, and so next time
I change the oil I'll make sure I treat it to 3.8 litres of unmixed
Right Stuff :-)

BTW, on the subject of engineers: we used to have someone here from
"Puma Racing" (I think he was called Dave as well) -- his opinions
would have been useful in this mix!

Cheers
John