Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Crimping Deustch DTS connectors

rick wrote:

On 10/07/2020 12:50, Roger Hayter wrote:
rick wrote:

On 10/07/2020 11:15, rick wrote:
I have DT06-6S plug - along with correct pins & wedge lock.
I don't have a specific crimp tool for Deutsch connectors (only fitting
2 plugs) .. could a standard ratchet tool for insulated crimp
lugs/eyelets be used .... or anybody a better suggestion ...... not
sensible to buy to connect 4 pins.

here is a link to the plug:

https://flic.kr/p/2jjQKcN

This is ratchet tool I have:
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/DVDHCR1516.html

I'd solder it for a one off. Though carefully to avoid solder outside
the hole.

In the end I just used the 'indent' crimp on a 'basic' draper 4in1
crimp tool. Concerned solder may prevent the end of plug sealing
properly if it 'migrated'

I'd have riisked it with a small narrow bit in a thermostatic solder
station iron - but I do see the risk of disaster in a fraction of a
second wiith a mm too much solder

--

Roger Hayter