Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Cutting fibreboard 12mm

On Sat, 1 Aug 2020 15:50:46 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Saturday, 1 August 2020 13:56:11 UTC+1, Fredxx wrote:
On 31/07/2020 22:18:05, tabbypurr wrote:
On Friday, 31 July 2020 20:19:03 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
Fredxx wrote

What's the best way?

The appropriate blade in a hand held circular saw.

Not cheap tho if you are only doing that one cut.

The original sheet was cut by saw, but is there an
alternative way for cutting out a small sheet 3ft x 2ft?

I assume it would require 100% backing for the cut.

If anything it would the top side that would suffer any pull-out of
material.

I since see he's talking about a wholly different thing than I was thinking of. He: asbestos substitute. Me: Hardboard.

This is what happens when people don't use the right terms for things
or include context re use.

I lined the box-room with fibreboard as it had 3 external walls, one
facing South and it provided a layer of insulation without taking up
too much of the room.

Had I used cement fibreboard I'm not sure it would have helped with
the insulation. ;-)

Now, had I been turning the room into a walk-in shower / wetroom ...

Cheers, T i m